This is one of my favourite foods to make for a new family. It’s delicious, easy, and cheap. It also freezes and reheats well and can easily be customized for any diet or preference.
It’s full of fibre and protein and even better the next day!
Finish it off with your favourite toppings! I personally like cheese, avocado, and tortilla chips.
- One package of ground turkey
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 2tsp (or more) chili powder
- ½ ancho chipotle chili chopped (more if desired)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- Desired toppings (cheese, chips, avocado, etc)
Place meat in large pot and cook over medium heat for a few minutes
Add onions, garlic, cumin, thyme, chili powder, and chipotle pepper
Continue cooking until meat is cooked through
Drain and rinse beans in a colander and add to pot
Add cans of tomatoes and bell pepper
Simmer for 30 minutes and taste – adjust seasonings as required
Cover and continue to simmer until ready to eat
Serve with whatever toppings you prefer.